Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 1

your current relationship. . . 


I try to remember that you never know how a relationship is behind closed doors, and I ask you to remember this.  Mike is the first person in my ENTIRE life to love me for ME. Mike is the only person that knows everything about me. When we first started dating I had a hard time believing that he could love me, that he wouldn't just up and leave one day. I had a rocky childhood and what I do remember is that every guy I ever meet growing up failed me.  Failed me horribly.  My dad didn't want to take care of his 5 kids when my mom got sick so we went into foster care.  FAIL. The first foster home I was ever at I was sexually abused at the tender age of 6-8 by the "father". FAIL. I told my male County Lawyer what was happening and he called me a liar that there was no way that could happen. FAIL. Mike hasn't failed me. I remember fighting with Mike in the beginning years of our relationship and telling him to just leave me & get another girlfriend and he wouldn't. He never left, && still hasn't.  I feel grateful everyday that he hasn't figured how crazy I am and hasn't left.  I'm grateful that he tells me he loves me a lot. I'm grateful that even if we are fighting I know we will make it through. I'm grateful that he listens to me. Actually really listens to me. I'm grateful that he isn't into sports. I'm grateful that he'll hold my purse in public - but only if it matches his outfit. I'm grateful that half way through dinner he'll tell me to stop eating - but not because I'm dieting/fat - but because there are cupcakes for dessert and he knows I'll be upset if I eat too much and can't eat a cupcake.   I'm grateful that he doesn't judge me and thinks I’m funny sometimes. I'm grateful that he tells me my cupcakes are better the Sprinkles =]. I’m grateful he left me get Irie. I’m grateful that he loves me.
A lot of people don't understand our relationship and don't understand why we are together. This quote I think fits mike and I wonderfully. “Not everyone will love you the way you want them to. It doesn't mean that they love you any less.” It doesn’t matter that we say mean things to each other & bicker everyday, or that my birthday present didn’t come on my birthday. It doesn’t matter that I almost threw a bottle of tanning lotion at Mike because I hit my foot on the door. We might not show it everyday but we do love each other, a lot. I know we have hard times and he frustrates that hell out of me basically everyday.  I know that even if I ask him what he wants for dinner he'll say I DONT CARE. I know he likes scary and gory movies but I really can't watch them.  Mike has been the only person to stay in my life continuously. He has taken me to new places and introduced me to a lot of great people. He has showed me more love then I knew possible. 

I'm grateful for mike - on good days and bad days && I love him, all of  him =]

Till day 2.

xoxo - - b

No comments:

Post a Comment