Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Advice

love target

I learned early on in my pregnancy that everyone was going to have their opinions and will voice them.  However, when it came to naming our daughter I thought people would just accept it.  Say "love it", "that's beautiful" regardless if you reallllly love it or not.  It's the nice thing to say right? NOPE! When we started telling everyone what her name WILL be [not that we are thinking about naming her this or that], we got "really, you sure" , "what about this name?!?!", "i really think that you should think about it" , "will that wont be the name you'll give her, you'll change it five times from now", "wow that's really unique" and so forth.  Being pregnant has made me understand what assholes people can be.

1. her name is Abigail Temple Shaw - unique really?!?! I'm not naming her sunshine.
2. this is her name, regardless if YOU like it or not, because guess what...mike and I love it and in all honesty we are the only ones that matter in this equation.
3. signed on to my Etsy account this morning and this was right on the home screen
see it...top right box.
Seeing this, this morning really helped. It's a sign she'll love her name and everyone else can kiss my ass :)

No comments:

Post a Comment